I had the privilege of living with a graduate of Johnson & Wales in the 90s. We lived in a four bedroom, 1.5 bath farmhouse owned by a church and paid a mere $450 a month in rent. Frankly, even with no garage in Virginia, it rocked. Whenever she cooked I was in awe. And her baking… it’s a wonder I am not 300#.
Anyway, we’ve kept in touch over the years somehow. She lives in Baltimore while I’m way over in California. The cool thing is SHE STILL COOKS AND BAKES a TON. LOL. Even with teenagers!
So she sent me this. “I changed a few things and it was great!”
- Prima Della Turkey
- She subbed Provolone for Fontina (Prima Della)
- Market Side Ciabatta rolls
- Rana, basil pesto (I make my own pesto in the summer – stay tuned!)
- Classico Sun dried tomato pesto (Her note: “an excellent alternative to pesto, I used both on mine.”)
- Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers (If you don’t know about Jet.com, check it out here!)She used a Pampered Chef Grill pan and press.
Teenager approved! Quote from her 16 year old..” Its like eating at Panera!”
Her photo is a riot…. The one on the recipe page is clearer. 🙂